In 1934 we were in the midst of the great depression, unemployment was almost 22% and Oklahoma was struggling with the “Dust Bowl” years. Despite these challenges, on November 16, 1934 Pete Dunn opened a lumber company, Commercial Lumber, providing valuable services to the Tulsa community and giving employment opportunities to the people of Tulsa. In 1947 the name was changed to Mill Creek Lumber, being named for the creek that ran along the back of the property.

Add to Report View Custom Report