Tulsa named 2nd most affordable big city
24 Jun 2021
Tulsa was recently named the 2nd most affordable big city in the U.S. by Rocket Homes.
To find the most affordable big cities in the U.S., Rocket Homes reviewed the Council for Community and Economic Research’s data on cost of living. The C2ER’s 2019 Q2 Cost of Living Index analyzes the prices of groceries, housing, utilities, transportation, healthcare and miscellaneous goods and services in 255 metropolitan areas.
By weighting each category according to government data on consumer spending, the C2ER calculates how expensive each city is compared to the national average.
Tulsa cost of living:
- Cost of living: 14.8% below the U.S. average
- City population: 400,669
- Median household income: $46,113
- Income adjusted by cost of living: $54,123
- Median home price: $231,122
- Median monthly rent: $678
- Cost of a half-gallon of milk: $2.09